Why do You want to Join SBI – This Interview Question will decide your future whether you will work with SBI or not. So how you are going to respond this question during SBI PO Interview. State Bank of India (SBI) is an Indian multinational, public sector banking and financial services company. It is a government-owned corporation with its headquarters in Mumbai, Maharashtra. It has 198 offices in 37 countries; 301 correspondents in 72 countries. The company is ranked 232nd on the Fortune Global 500 list of the world’s biggest corporations as of 2016.
So what do you answer when you are stuck answering a question which is as simple as: “Why do you want to work with SBI?” Answer to this is pretty simple, one just has to consider some facts and qualities they possess and use them as points to initiate the best answer they can give to this question.
Irrespective of your background, whether you are Engineer or Commerce Graduate, you can start with saying that you are interested in Finance and especially banking. You are good with numbers and inter-personal skills and feel that these skills, which you acquired over a period, will help you in better decision making as a Banker. You can also say that your graduation helped you in honing leadership skills that may be of better value in a banking environment.
If you can quote something from your previous role, either as a student secretary or some social club president, what you have done to solve a problem with limited information then it strikes a chord with the interview member.
Banking sector is directly linked to Economy. As the economy grows, so does the banking sector. As a banker, you feel that this provides tremendous opportunities and challenges and you feel that this really excite you to contribute more to the job and work harder.
You may also include some points which will give a strong base to your answer like:
- Banking is one of the most important sectors in the economy. It facilitates the efficient flow of credit towards productive activities and contributes to nation building.
- SBI is the largest bank in India with more than 17,000 branches and USD 388 Billion in Assets.
- Because of its size, SBI provides great opportunity to get exposure across different products and geographies, etc.
Some good examples of how one can answer to this question are:
1. I want to join SBI because SBI is the largest banking service provider in the country. It is not only a bank but it is the faith of the common people. Anyone can feel proud by associating with this brand.
- I am joining SBI because I want career stability in my life. I know it’s not an easy job; long working hours, tension filled atmosphere but do provide the job security and it’s good for me as I am a diligent and smart worker. So seeing the long term growth I am looking forward to join SBI.
- I want to join SBI because banking sector is the fastest growing industry in India. Among PSU’s SBI is the largest and most reputed brand in India. I also have required skills and am very ambitious. So this is the perfect job I can have which will help me as well the bank to grow.
All the Best!
PInterview, an IIM Bangalore Alumni venture, offers its users 1 to 1 Online Mock Interview with Industry Professionals and Domain Experts to improve and Excel one’s Interview skills and Ace the Interviews