Current Affairs 2017
One really needs to stay updated when it comes to current affairs and especially when they want to crack an interview that demands to be well versed with all the upcoming and contemporary issues going round the media. Not only does it increase one’s general knowledge but it also helps tune up the confidence of the individual.
Questions about recent affairs and general knowledge are mostly asked in IAS, IBPS and other interviews to test the candidate’s ability to adapt to the new environment and to have a clearer idea about the person’s opinion and perception about how he views the world. This will help the interviewers to rectify the candidate’s perception if he goes wrong somewhere and also to curve his view according to that of the workplace.
Some of the many questions listed below will help you get an idea about what questions gets asked in such interviews.
So here is the top 10 most probable questions based on current affairs and general knowledge asked in an interview in 2017.
- Who received IIM- JRD Tata Award for Excellence in Corporate leadership in Metallurgical Industries for the year 2014?
Ans: Steel Authority of India (SAIL) Chairman CS Verma received IIM- JRD Tata Award for Excellence in Corporate leadership in Metallurgical Industries for the year 2014.
- Who won Noble Prize for Physics?
Ans: Japanese scientists Isamu Akasaki and Hiroshi Amano and American Shuji Nakamura won the 2014 Nobel Prize for Physics for inventing a new energy efficient and environmentally friendly light source, the LED.
- Recently which state received international accolades as India celebrates 350th Prakash Parv?
Ans: Patna received international accolades the moment India celebrates 350th Prakash Parv.
- Recently Indian Army conducts test of which indigenous heavy artillery gun?
- New Ginger species with medicinal properties discovered at where?
Ans: Recently New ginger species are found in the tropical areas of Andamans.
- Nobel Prize Series India Exhibition in Gandhi-Nagar inaugurated by whom?
Ans: PM Narendra Modi inaugurated The Nobel Prize Series India Exhibition in Gandhi Nagar.
- Who won Noble prize for Medicine?
Ans: John O Keefe, May‐Britt Moser and Edward I Moser for their discoveries of cells that constitute a positioning system in the brain.
- Twentieth Session of the India-Russia Inter-Governmental Commission on Trade, Economic, Scientific, Technological and Cultural Cooperation (IRIGC-TEC) was held at?
Ans: New Delhi
- Which Ministry launched TB-Mission 2020 to eliminate Tuberculosis (TB) from India?
Ans: Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana (SAGY) on the birth anniversary of?
Ans: Lok Nayak Jai Prakash Narayan
All the Best.
PInterview , An IIM Bangalore Alumni initiative, offers its users 1 to 1 Online Mock Interview with Industry Professionals and Domain Experts to improve and Excel one’s Interview skills and Ace the Interviews